How to Book with Allabroad
Allabroad is a well established company, registered in Gibraltar. The company owns its own offices, classrooms and yachts. All client payments are held in a dedicated course fees account, and are protected until your course has been completed.
Put simply, we don’t spend your money before you have completed your course, which means that your money is safe.
Online booking and payments
The following link will redirect your browser to a secure server from which you can request a booking or make payments. If you have not used this form before, please read the rest of the page before continuing.
If you would like to book with Allabroad, here’s what you need to do:
- First, get in touch by email or telephone. We can discuss your requirements, check availability, and provisionally reserve a place for you on the course.
- Your place will be held for 24 hours, which will give you chance to arrange flights or other forms of travel.
- If you book more than one month in advance of the course start date, we will require a 10% deposit to confirm your booking.
- If you book within one month of the course start date, or are booking an online study course, the full balance will be required to confirm your booking.
- You will receive a confirmation email upon receipt of your first payment. During office hours, this will usually be within a couple of hours of receipt.
You may pay online using most cards—please see the next section for details.
Alternatively, you may pay by sterling cheque, made payable to Allabroad Limited and posted direct to our Gibraltar base. The address is:
7 The Square
You may also pay by direct bank transfer in Euros or Sterling. Please contact us to request further details.
Secure online booking and payments
You may provide the necessary booking details or payment online if you wish. You will need to provide details of your course, your billing address and your payment method. Even if you are not paying by credit card, you may prefer to complete your booking details online instead of reading them out over the phone—the choice is yours.
Credit card payments are processed offline, which means that submitting your details online will not result in payment being deducted from your card immediately. We manually process your details first to confirm that everything is correct, and then process your card if necessary.
The booking form is hosted on a secure server by Secure Hosting UPG. Your browser will be redirected to their site if you click the following link:
Terms and Conditions
- Telephone bookings will be held without deposit for a maximum of 24 hours.
- Deposits are non refundable.
- The balance is due one month before sailing.
- In the event of non payment we reserve the right to re sell the course and the deposit will be forfeited.
- In the event of cancellation prior to the final balance being due only the deposit is forfeited.
- If cancellation is after the date of final payment the client is liable to pay the outstanding balance, should we be unable to re let the space. At the company’s discretion we may transfer the reservation to an acceptable alternative date.
- The company reserve the right to alter the published schedule or substitute an alternative vessel. If this is unacceptable to the client a full refund shall be made.
- No responsibility what so ever will be accepted for air fares or other costs.
- The company shall not accept claims and shall not be liable at any time for claims or expenses caused by circumstances beyond its control including sickness, accident, travel delays, weather, strikes, war or civil unrest.
- In the event of the company cancelling a charter or course we shall be liable only for full refund of fees paid. No payment will be paid for incidental costs.
- No student or charterer shall bring aboard any contraband, drugs or other substance or item without the prior knowledge and permission of the skipper.
- Signing the booking form signifies acceptance of the company’s terms and conditions.
- In the event a dispute is not settled by mutual agreement it is agreed that The British Law Society shall appoint an arbiter whose decision shall be final and that wherever the dispute occurred both the client and the company shall be governed by British Law.