Coastal Skipper Practical (Power)
Experience the freedom of coastal passages and sailing offshore, by day or night, and take your skills beyond the level of Day Skipper Practical (Power). Suitable for more ambitious skippers who wish to take command on longer more demanding passages and improve their skills.
Upon completion you will be able to manage coastal passages by day and by night with confidence.
- Syllabus Summary
- Passage planning
- Preparing a yacht for sea
- Passage making and ability as a skipper
- Boat handling in a range of circumstances
- Adverse weather conditions
- Emergency situations
- Minimum Pre-course Experience & Assumed Knowledge
- 15 days sea time (2 as skipper), with a minimum of 300 miles, and 8 night hours (at least 100 NM and 4 night hours will be achieved during the course)
- Navigation to the standard of the Coastal Skipper Shorebased course and boat handling to the standard of Day Skipper Practical course.
- Minimum age for this course is 16.
- Five full days cruising and instruction, including a night port entry
- RYA Coastal Skipper Practical (Tidal), awarded on completing the course.
- Please contact us for current availability.