Powerboating Level 2
An essential course for all powerboats under 10 meters whether a rib, small fishing boat or a speed or day boat, whether planning or displacement. Once you’ve done this two day long course you will be able to apply for an ICC. The added benefit of the powerboat certification route is that when your ICC needs renewing after five years, you simply need to send your powerboat level 2 certificate with your renewal.
This course has a maximum of three students to the instructor or you may choose to pay a supplement to undertake the course with lower numbers. Equally if you prefer why not do the course on your own boat and benefit from leaning the unique characteristics of your own boat.
- Course content
- Launching and recovery
- Safety equipment
- Lines and fenders
- Fuel tanks
- Effects of current or tide
- High and low speed maneuvering
- Propeller controls
- Securing to a buoy
- Anchoring leaving and coming alongside
- Man overboard
- Types of craft and engine
- Maintenance checks
- Weather forecasts and emergency action. A full two days of quality and essential tuition.
- Age restrictions
- Minimum age: 12
- 12 to 16 year olds will receive a level 2 certificate which will be endorsed: “The holder should only use powered craft under the supervisions of a responsible adult”
- Two day course
- £295 (contact us for special offers)
- Own boat tuition
- £375 (maximum of three people for two days)
- One day, assessment only
- £150 — suitable for those who already have the required experience, but need certification.
- Please email us for availability