RYA Coastal Skipper Practical (Sail)
Experience the freedom of coastal passages and sailing offshore, by day or night, and take your skills beyond the level of RYA Day Skipper Practical (Sail). This course covers all aspects of sailing, including reefing, man overboard, sailing alongside, sailing onto moorings, planning coastal passages, passage making, collision regulations, knots and much more.
Upon completion you will be able to manage inshore and Coastal passages by day and by night with confidence.
- Syllabus Summary
- Passage planning
- Preparing a yacht for sea
- Yacht handling under power
- Yacht handling under sail
- Adverse weather conditions
- Emergency situations
- Minimum Pre-course Experience & Assumed Knowledge
- 15 days sea time (2 as skipper), with a minimum of 300 miles, and 8 night hours (at least 100 NM and 4 night hours will be achieved during the course).
- Theory to Coastal Skipper & Yachtmaser Theory standard, plus sailing to RYA Day Skipper Practical (Sail) standard.
- Sunday 1800 until Saturday 1000 with five full days sailing and instruction.
- RYA Coastal Skipper Practical (Tidal), awarded on completing the course.
- Courses start every Sunday, please contact us for current availability.