STCW 95 Personal Survival Techniques (MCA Approved)
Required by all seafarers. The course makes you aware of the danger in survival situations. It covers life-saving equipment and survival techniques as it stresses the importance of on-board emergency drills and exercises.
In the afternoon session your will have the chance to undertake exercises in the life raft.
- Course Aims & Objectives
- To give all persons intending to go to sea the essential basic knowledge and experience of personal survival principles and techniques that can be applied to maximise their chances of survival in the event of a marine casualty.
- Course Content
- Types of life saving appliances normally carried on ships
- The value of training and drills
- The need to be ready for any emergency
- Actions to be taken when called to survival craft stations
- Action to be taken when required to abandon ship
- Actions to be taken when in the water
- Actions to be taken when in the survival craft
- The main dangers to survival
- Course Prerequisites:
- Personnel attending this course are required to be at least 16 years of age.
- For the STCW 95 Personal Survival Techniques course you must be medically fit to undertake the wet drill which involves a jump from a height. If you are in doubt about your fitness you should consult your doctor prior to attendance.
- Course duration
- One day 0900 to 1730
- Course price
- Course dates
- This one day course runs on the first and third Tuesday of each month (excluding weeks that contain public holidays).
Gtec Maritime Training and Allabroad Sailing Academy are trading names of Allabroad Limited, Gibraltar Registered Company Number 103528.