STCW 95 Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting
The course is designed to give you a basic understanding of types of fires and methods of extinguishing them with the fire fighting equipment carried onboard vessels.
You are introduced to basic equipment maintenance, the use of breathing apparatus & search & rescue techniques as well as live fire fighting. Gibraltar’s purpose-built Fire Training Simulator, together with Merchant Navy and Gibraltar Fire Brigade instructors ensure a realistic and informative course, in a safe and controlled environment.
- Course Outline & Objectives
- To give all persons intending to go to sea a basic induction and knowledge of the ways in which fires are caused and the precautions to be taken to minimise the risk of fires on board ships.
- Maintain a state of readiness to respond to emergency situation involving fires aboard ship
- Fight and extinguish fires using fire fighting apparatus and appliances provided on board.
- Act as a member of a fire party, including use of self-contained breathing apparatus
- Course Content
- Response to emergency situations involving fires
- Fire fighting and fire extinguishing using portable equipment
- The use of breathing apparatus,
- Act as a member of a fire fighting party
- Minimum Pre-course Experience & Assumed Knowledge
- The practical element of this course contains some exercises that are physically demanding. If you are in doubt about their fitness should consult their doctor prior to attendance.
- Course duration
- Two and a half days
- Course price
- Course dates
- This two-and-half day course runs from Wednesday afternoon to Friday, starting on the first and third Wednesday of each month (excluding weeks that contain public holidays)
Gtec Maritime Training and Allabroad Sailing Academy are trading names of Allabroad Limited, Gibraltar Registered Company Number 103528.