The Advanced Fire Fighting course is a 4 day course with a practical emphasis. In addition to focusing on intensive fire fighting, command and control - both the structural integrity, and the stability of the ship are also considered. In conjunction with extensive live fire training exercises, delegates will cover casualty evacuation, by focusing on detailed rescue techniques and strategic searches.
- MCA Chief Mate Yachts (less than 300GT)
- UK Maritime & Coastguard Agency (MCA)
- Hold a Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting (STCW A-VI/1-2) certificate.
- Six months must have elapsed since completing the Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting (STCW A-VI/1-2) course.
Course Validity Duration
- This course is valid for 5 years
- The AFF Refresher course is required every 5 years
- 19th February
- 1st April
- 30th September
- 18th November
- Group bookings are also welcome and course dates can be set to fit your crew availability.
This 4 day course is challenging physically and mentally, you will need to hold a valid ENG 1 medical and be physically fit. This course can only be delivered in English, and clear effective communication is a vital component of this training. 100% attendance is required for this course, the training day starts at 0845 until 1730 at the earliest, please note that training days can overrun, however we ensure that the last day finishes on time. If you have any questions regarding this course please use the contact form.