RYA Costal Skipper / Yachtmaster Theory Online
The Allabroad RYA Coastal Skipper / Yachtmaster Theory Online course enables you to study at your own pace prior to joining us for your Coastal Skipper Practical course or as a refresher course before embarking upon your Yachtmaster Prep and Exam course. Absolutely everything you will need is included in your physical study pack and all the lesson and practice sessions are fully online and accessible 24 hours per day. With interactive animations throughout and selectable voice over functionality you can revisit lessons and chose whether to read or listen as per your personal study preferences. You can study at home, at work, on business trips and with the course accessible on ipads you can even study some sections on your commute to work.
The Allabroad Coastal Skipper/ Yachtmaster Theory Online has been running for at least ten years if not more so it is fully tested on hundreds, if not thousands of satisfied and successful candidates who've gone on to achieve Coastal Skipper, Yachtmaster Coastal and Yachtmaster Offshore secure in the knowledge that their theory is fully up-to-speed and current. In 2011 part of Allabroad branched off into Navathome when one of the original owners retired from Allabroad. We run in conjunction together but very much independently. When you book with Allabroad you are receiving full support from Allabroad’s wealth of instructors and we can ensure you are tracking at the right pace for your upcoming practical too. This is important since if you are to be super successful during your practical you need to be well prepared and we will ensure you are. It could even be the same support instructor who is your practical instructor.
Supported and Delivered by Allabroad
The online course allows you to set your own pace. You may study better first thing in the morning before anyone is about or prefer to settle into an evening of study after work, you can even study in the middle of the night of out are on a different time zone or simply just can't sleep. You can connect and study at a time to suit you in the comfort of your own home, at work, or even when away on business.
- The course is run fully online with immediate feedback to questions: there’s no waiting for an instructor to reply to an email or telephone call and certainly no delays in posting your answers for marking. Everything is instant.
- You will have your own personal Yachtmaster Instructor who will monitor your progress through the course and provide additional feedback and encouragement. They will reply personally to your emails and will call you to offer support if you request it.
- The online study course includes standard postage to ensure you receive your study materials promptly. Add £30 for DHL service if you want your pack quicker, some locations we insist upon this method since standard post doesn't work.
- The course take approximately 40 hours to complete and you have six months to complete the course, with an option to extend once for a further six months for a small admin fee of £30.
- Once you have completed your final exam and received your certificate you will receive two years complimentary access for revision purposes
- We include a plotter and brass dividers so that you have your own navigational instruments to keep
- The course is £310 stand alone plus £30 for DHL postage if required.
- £75 discount from the website practical course price for our online customers in 2018 or 2019
What's in the study pack?
- RYA training charts number 3 and 4
- RYA Yachtmaster shorebased notes book.
- RYA Yachtmaster Theory question paper
- RYA Training Almanac
- RYA Electronic Plotter unique log in code
- Plotter and brass dividers your navigational instruments
What you will need
- Pencils for chartwork 2B is the seafarers standard
- Rough note paper for your workings out
- A neat note pad for your final neat notes
- A table to work on
- Lots of cups of tea
- Some biscuits would be nice too
What you will benefit from?
- Personal study pack will be dispatched from the UK within 24 hours
- 6 months access to the online course
- 6 months support from 0900 to 2100 7 days a week
- 6 months additional access for £30
- 2 years access to the online training course for revision purposes upon completion of the final exam.
- £75 discount off your 5 day Practical course at Allabroad.
If you are not the online study type of person, who has too busy a life and too many distractions to set aside time to self study you may be more suited to the classroom course which we run on set dates throughout the year with our Fast Track Students. If you already have your Coastal Skipper Theory and the right previous cruising experience you may be able to book directly onto the RYA Coastal Skipper Practical Sail Course or RYA Yachtmaster Prep and Exam course.
How to Book:
Book your online course by email email@example.com or call our team in our Gibraltar reception on either number Gibraltar landline 00350 200 50202 or our UK Mobile 0044 7872 223325 which is also set up for Viber and WhatsApp messaging services. To confirm your course place we require the full payment of £285 plus £30 postage if outside of Europe. We can accept payments by card and direct bank transfers.