The Express Day Skipper course includes both the RYA Day Skipper Theory navigation tuition in our purpose designed marina side training rooms and the RYA Day Sipper Practical onboard one of our brand new Jeanneau 389 sailing yachts. Hayley is our Express Theory Instructor and she has been supporting sailors through their navigation studies on all the Express Day Skipper Courses for Allabroad for over three years. This is Hayley main career which makes her a superstar at ensuring even nervous learners, who’ve perhaps not been in a classroom environment for many years, are successful and enjoy the experience at the same time.
The practical aspects of the Express Day Skipper Course focuses on you taking charge as skipper, getting involved in all aspects of planning short passages along the Spanish coastline and across The Straits of Gibraltar to Ceuta the Spanish enclave in North Africa. Your friendly and professional instructor will teach you to take responsibility for obtaining weather forecasts, preforming safety and diesel engine checks, navigating, passage planning and pilotage into different marinas throughout the five practical days. You will also have the opportunity to practice berthing under a variety of conditions and you will undertake a night sailing exercise. By the end of the course you will have sufficient knowledge to skipper a small yacht in familiar waters by day. You will sail to three countries, make great new friends across our fleet of yachts and no doubt top up your tan in the process too.
The RYA Day Skipper course is a minimum qualification requirement for many bareboat charter and flotilla companies. You may apply for an ICC once you’ve achieved this certificate depending upon nationality or residence; we will assist you with this application process at the end of your course. The ICC can be a helpful additional document to demonstrate your standard of competence as a Skipper in many European countries.
The practical element of this course mixes well with Competent Crew, Day Skipper Practical and also Day Skipper Advance Refreshers so why not join up with family and friends and enjoy your sailing holiday with tuition together. Or come as an individual and make new friends with everyone here.
Previous Experience required:
For this course you need to have the Competent Crew course or equivalent experience at sea for example you may have taken part in flotilla or charter holidays. If you are very short on time you can choose to do our Online Day Skipper theory course instead and join us for the five day Day Skipper Practical course. Come as an individual or with friends or family.
1800 Friday until 1600 Sunday nine days later (weekend + week + weekend)
This course starts every Friday at 1800 throughout the year, which Friday are you going to join us on?
August 2017 dates available
- 1800 Friday 4th August – 1600 Sunday 13th August - fully booked
- 1800 Friday 11th August – 1600 Sunday 20th August - fully booked
- 1800 Friday 18th August – 1600 Sunday 27th August - fully booked
- 1800 Friday 25th August – 1600 Sunday 3rd September - fully booked
September 2017 dates available
- 1800 Friday 1st September – 1600 Sunday 10th September
- 1800 Friday 8th September – 1600 Sunday 17th September
- 1800 Friday 15th September – 1600 Sunday 24th September – 1 place only
- 1800 Friday 22nd September – 1600 Sunday 1st October - fully booked
- 1800 Friday 29th September – 1600 Sunday 8th October - fully booked
October 2017 dates available
- 1800 Friday 6th October – 1600 Sunday 15th October
- 1800 Friday 13th October – 1600 Sunday 22nd October
- 1800 Friday 20th October – 1600 Sunday 29th October
- 1800 Friday 27th October – 1600 Sunday 5th November
November 2017 dates available
- 1800 Friday 3rd November – 1600 Sunday 12th November
- 1800 Friday 10th November – 1600 Sunday 19th November
- 1800 Friday 17th November – 1600 Sunday 26th November
- 1800 Friday 24th November – 1600 Sunday 3rd December
December 2017 dates available
- 1800 Friday 1st December – 1600 Sunday 10th December
- 1800 Friday 8th December – 1600 Sunday 17th December
- 1800 Friday 15th December – 1600 Sunday 24th December
The Express Day Skipper Sail course is a nine day course including nine nights accommodation onboard your yacht since you will sail to different marinas between two continents and will visit three countries during your practical elements. Staying onboard your yacht for the theory days is very convenient since our training rooms and crew lounge are just a stones throw away and you have 24-hour key code access to the facilities for your convenience and comfort whilst with Allabroad. Breakfasts are included throughout with lunches and three evening meals included during your practical days on-the-water. You will be perfecting your skippering abilities sailing a brand new 2016 model yacht!
Course Price for 4:1 ratio on a brand new yacht:
£890 per person November to March
£950 per person April to October
£2300 for a private yacht for 2 to 5 people plus £340 per person for those adding the four days of theory tuition
The next course:
VHF SRC Radio Course is an essential addition to the Day Skipper course since all charter and flotilla companies require one person to hold a valid radio license. This is easily added to your Allabroad course package as an online study course prior to you arriving and a short assessment session whilst on your course.
How to book:
Reserve your place for 24 hours by email email@example.com or call our team in our Gibraltar reception on either number Gibraltar landline 00350 200 50202 or our UK Mobile 0044 7872 223325 which is also set up for Viber and WhatsApp messaging services. To confirm your place we require a 10% deposit with the full balance due one month before the course start date. We can accept payments by card and direct bank transfers.