The Express Day Skipper course includes both the RYA Day Skipper Theory navigation tuition in our purpose designed marina side training rooms and the RYA Day Sipper Practical onboard one of our brand new Jeanneau 389 sailing yachts. Hayley and Janet are our Express Theory Instructor's, they've been supporting sailors through their navigation studies on all the Express Day Skipper Courses for Allabroad for over four and two years. This is Hayley & Janet's main focus which makes the both superstars at ensuring even nervous learners, who’ve perhaps not been in a classroom environment for many years, are successful and enjoy the experience at the same time.
The practical aspects of the Express Day Skipper Course focuses on you taking charge as skipper, getting involved in all aspects of planning short passages along the Spanish coastline and across The Straits of Gibraltar to Ceuta the Spanish enclave in North Africa. Your friendly and professional instructor will teach you to take responsibility for obtaining weather forecasts, preforming safety and diesel engine checks, navigating, passage planning and pilotage into different marinas throughout the five practical days. You will also have the opportunity to practice berthing under a variety of conditions and you will undertake a night sailing exercise. By the end of the course you will have sufficient knowledge to skipper a small yacht in familiar waters by day. You will sail to three countries, make great new friends across our fleet of yachts and no doubt top up your tan in the process too.
The RYA Day Skipper course is a minimum qualification requirement for many bareboat charter and flotilla companies. You may be able to apply for an ICC once you’ve achieved this certificate depending upon nationality or residence; we will assist you with this application process at the end of your course. The ICC can be a helpful additional document to demonstrate your standard of competence as a Skipper in many European countries.
The practical element of this course mixes well with Competent Crew, Day Skipper Practical and also Day Skipper Advance Refreshers so why not join up with family and friends and enjoy your sailing holiday with tuition together. Those joining you for the shorter practical elements pay the 5 day practical course price but may be able to share your cabin for the extra nights enabling you to travel together. Or come as an individual and make new friends with everyone here.
Previous Experience required:
For this course you need to have the Competent Crew course or equivalent experience at sea for example you may have taken part in flotilla or charter holidays. If you are very short on time you can choose to do our Online Day Skipper Theory course instead and join us for the five day Day Skipper Practical course. Come as an individual or with friends or family.
1800 Friday until 1600 Sunday nine days later (weekend + week + weekend)
This course starts every Friday at 1800 throughout the year, dates below are ones with spaces still. Which Friday are you going to join us on?
April 2018 dates available
- 1800 Friday 27th April – 1600 Sunday 6th May
May 2018 dates available
- 1800 Friday 4th May – 1600 Sunday 13th May
- 1800 Friday 11th May – 1600 Sunday 20th May
- 1800 Friday 18th May – 1600 Sunday 27th May
- 1800 Friday 25th May – 1600 Sunday 3rd June
June 2018 dates available
- 1800 Friday 1st June – 1600 Sunday 10th June
- 1800 Friday 8th June – 1600 Sunday 17th June
- 1800 Friday 15th June – 1600 Sunday 24th June
- 1800 Friday 22nd June – 1600 Sunday 1st July
- 1800 Friday 29th June - 1600 Sunday 8th July
July 2018 dates available
- 1800 Friday 6th July – 1600 Sunday 15th July
- 1800 Friday 13th July – 1600 Sunday 22nd July
- 1800 Friday 20th July – 1600 Sunday 29th July
- 1800 Friday 27th July – 1600 Sunday 5th August
August 2018 dates available
- 1800 Friday 3rd August – 1600 Sunday 12th August
- 1800 Friday 10th August – 1600 Sunday 19th August
- 1800 Friday 17th August – 1600 Sunday 26th August
- 1800 Friday 24th August – 1600 Sunday 2nd September
- 1800 Friday 31st August - 1600 Sunday 9th September
September 2018 dates available
- 1800 Friday 7th September – 1600 Sunday 16th September
- 1800 Friday 14th September – 1600 Sunday 23rd September
- 1800 Friday 21st September – 1600 Sunday 30th September
- 1800 Friday 28th September – 1600 Sunday 7th October
October 2018 dates available
- 1800 Friday 5th October – 1600 Sunday 14th October
- 1800 Friday 12th October – 1600 Sunday 21st October
- 1800 Friday 19th October – 1600 Sunday 28th October
- 1800 Friday 26th October – 1600 Sunday 4th November
November 2018 dates available
- 1800 Friday 2nd November – 1600 Sunday 11th November
- 1800 Friday 9th November – 1600 Sunday 18th November
- 1800 Friday 16th November – 1600 Sunday 25th November
- 1800 Friday 23rd November – 1600 Sunday 2nd December
- 1800 Friday 30th November - 1600 Sunday 9th December
December 2018 dates available
- 1800 Friday 7th December – 1600 Sunday 16th December
- 1800 Friday 14th December – 1600 Sunday 23rd December
The Express Day Skipper Sail course is a nine day course including nine nights accommodation onboard your yacht since you will sail to different marinas between two continents and will visit three countries during your practical elements. Staying onboard your yacht for the theory days is very convenient since our training rooms and crew lounge are just a stones throw away and you have 24-hour key code access to the facilities for your convenience and comfort whilst with Allabroad. Breakfasts are included throughout with lunches and two evening meals included during your practical days on-the-water. You will be perfecting your skippering abilities sailing a brand new 2016 model yacht!
Course Price for 4:1 ratio on a brand new yacht:
£950 per person
£2300 for a private yacht for 2 to 5 people plus £340 per person for those adding the four days of theory tuition
The next course:
VHF SRC Radio Course is an essential addition to the Day Skipper course since all charter and flotilla companies require one person to hold a valid radio license. This is easily added to your Allabroad course package as an online study course prior to you arriving and a short assessment session whilst on your course.
How to book:
Reserve your place for 24 hours by email email@example.com or call our team in our Gibraltar reception on either number Gibraltar landline 00350 200 50202 or our UK Mobile 0044 7872 223325 which is also set up for Viber and WhatsApp messaging services. To confirm your place we require a 10% deposit with the full balance due one month before the course start date. We can accept payments by online card payment and direct bank transfers.